English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
The ELAC has basically six responsibilities. These responsibilities are as follows:
- Advise the principal and school staff on the programs and services provided to English Learners;
- Advise the school site council (SSC) on the development of the school plan;
- Assist with the district/school’s needs assessment;
- Assist with the school’s annual language census (R-30 LC Report);
- Assist with the school’s efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance; and
- Elect one or more representatives to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
The ELAC shall be composed of parents/guardians of English learners, other parents/guardians from the school, and staff members. The percentage of parents/guardians of English learners serving on the ELAC must be at least the same as the percentage of English learners in the school.